Last Modified on August 10th, 2019
Unfold Games respects your privacy rights and is committed to protecting your personal information.
1. Who we are
Unfold Games LLC (“Unfold Games”, “We”, or “Us”) collects, uses, and is responsible for certain personal information about you, as part of the Darq video game (the “Game”).
For those in the European Union, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as controller of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
2. The Personal Information We Collect and Use
Information collected by us: We collect your name and email address when you contact us for technical or customer support, or sign up for our newsletter (your “Contact Information”).
Anonymous Information: Certain information is collected automatically when you use the Game by the game’s engine, the Unity engine. This includes the following:
- a unique device identifier (which is converted and anonymized using a one-way hash)
- your IP address
- certain device information, such as the manufacturer and model of your device, the make and number of CPUs, graphics card, graphics driver, and graphics API
- certain software information, such as you operating system version, browser type, screen resolution, and game version
- an application ID and a checksum of all the data that gets sent to verify that it did transmit correctly (collectively, your “Anonymous Information”)
This information is collected anonymously and cannot be used to personally identify you.
How we use your personal information: We use your Contact Information to send you newsletters and promotional materials, to communicate with you about Game-related issues and provide customer and technical support (including receiving and responding to communications that you send us through the Game).
Who we share your personal information with: We may share your personal information with certain third parties in operating the Game. This data sharing enables us to provide you with all of the Game’s functionality, customer support, and other email communication.
Some of those third party recipients may be based outside the European Economic Area — for further information, including how we safeguard your personal data when this occurs, see their individual privacy policies linked to above and the section entitled “Transfer of your Information out of the EEA,” below.
We may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Other Sharing: In addition to the above, we will share your personal information if we have a good faith belief that (i) access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities, (ii) such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the Game, or (iii) such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Unfold Games, its employees, clients, or users of the Game.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
How long your personal information will be kept: We will keep your personal information for the length of time required to provide you with the Game or until you request its deletion, unless a longer retention period is required by law. Afterwards, we delete all such data in our possession within a reasonable timeframe.
We do not verify the correctness of personal data that we collect or that you provide.
Please note that some data may be retained, if necessary, to resolve disputes, enforce Unfold Games service agreements, and comply with technical and legal requirements related to the security and operation of the Game.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information: To the extent that such laws apply, we rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information:
- Consent: We rely on your implied or explicit consent for the collection, processing, storage, transfer, and disclosure of your Contact Information.
- Legal compliance: We may collect, process, store, transfer, or disclose your personal information to comply with our legal obligations.
Children’s Privacy: You must be at least 13 years of age to use the Game. Because of this, we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13.
In addition, we may limit how we collect, use, and store some of the personal information of EU users between 13 and 16.
3. Transfer of your Information out of the EEA
Unfold Games is based in the United States. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of your information in and to the United States.
The laws of the United States governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
If you would like further information, please contact us (see “How to contact us” below).
4. EU Residents - Your Rights
Under the GDPR, EU residents have several important rights free of charge. In summary, those include the rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, or otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the GDPR.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter, you can also click on the unsubscribe button or link at the bottom of each email newsletter.
5. Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We have taken steps to put appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it through access controls. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Additionally, we never ask you for your passwords and we advise you never to enter your account name or password into an email or after following a link from an email.
6. Questions and Concerns
We hope that we can resolve any questions or concerns you raise about our use of your personal information. Please contact us via the methods listed below in the section entitled “How to contact us” to let us know about any of your questions or concerns, and we will get back to you to resolve the issue.
If you are an EU resident, the GDPR also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
8. How to Contact Us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to us at email@example.com or mail us at 5042 Wilshire Blvd #39434, Los Angeles, CA 90036.